February 10, 2012

Xi'an - Winter Break Stop 3

Friendlies!

After roughly two weeks of traveling alone I was definitely excited to see Tyler, Emily, and Alan. They however didn't seem to fair quite as well as I had. In short, Tyler had almost all of his money stolen, and he and Emily had crashed an e-bike in Bangkok leaving Tyler with 8 stitches and a hole in his ankle. Also upon their arrival I learned that Tyler's friend had in fact not been able to acquire a return ticket for us back to Shijiazhuang, so thus began the hunt for transportation back home. But you'll hear more about that later.



Fireworks

Just as dangerous as mom always told me they were. Still just as fun.



Terracotta Warriors

I thought this was going to be over-rated and boring but it was so cool! The sheer size of the pits is incredible.



Huimin Jie (Moslem Street)

I could spend 2 whole days on this street. The food is cheap and super tasty and you can find any trinket you would want to buy in China. Oh, also lots of knives ^_^



Doctor For A Day

Though I've never had stitches I think I did pretty okay cutting out Tylers. I mean, he only bled a little...



Bell & Drum Towers

Neat, but not worth paying full price. Ask for the student ticket! Seeing Alan accidentally smack a Chinese child in the face: priceless.



Xi'an History Museum

Cool, but REALLY crowded.



The Quest To Return Home

Just thinking about recounting this adventure stresses me out. Pictures to come soon.
Xi'an Playing Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment